Best Massage Table Reviews in 2018 – Check Portable & Professional Massage Tables
I have always been fascinated with massage therapy. Please take positively, I mean the whole process of distressing someone and untying their knots such that their well again is intriguing.
I remember this one time I decided to massage my friend’s back after a thorough workout. One minute into it, I started complaining that my hands and fingers were tired.
Massage therapists reading this, you’re the real heroes, how you do it, I don’t even know. Now to serious business. Massage tables are the number one requirement for any massage therapist. This is your working station. Your clients get to lie on them for sessions.
If you do regular massage sessions, you need a table that can endure the pressure of client weight. You also need a table that would be comfortable for you as you work.
- 10 Best Massage Table Reviews
- 1. Master Massage 30″ Del Ray Pro Portable Massage Table
- 2. BestMassage Pad Reiki Portable Massage Table
- 3. Sierra Comfort All-Inclusive Portable Massage Table
- 4. BestMassage Premium All Inclusive Complete Portable Massage Table
- 5. Saloniture Professional Portable Folding Massage Table
- 6. Best Massage Two Fold Burgundy Portable Massage Table
- 7. New 84″L 3Fold Massage Table Portable
- 8. Black Portable Massage Table
- 9. Heaven Massage Two Fold Burgundy Portable Massage Table
- Factor To Consider When Selecting The Best Massage Table
- Final Words
10 Best Massage Table Reviews
For the newbies looking to start on their own, you’re in the right place. Same goes to those who have been doing this for a while. You may need a replacement or an upgrade. The choice is solely dependent on you. Here are reviews for the top massage tables on the market.
1. Master Massage 30″ Del Ray Pro Portable Massage Table
The 30″ Del Ray is the ultimate partner for you newbies and pro massage therapists. Not only will you maximize your skills as a therapist, but you will also deliver results to your clients. You will get innovative accessories like; ErgonomicDream face cradle, ErgonomicDream face pillow, contoured armrest shelf and two-pocket carrying case.
It’s made from Managed Forest hard European beech wood. It adds some elegance into your equipment and can be used in high-end places with high-end clients. It has a hi-gloss warm walnut colored Dura-seal protected finish.
The PU leather upholstery in sand color with warm walnut legs makes it luxurious to lie on and comfortable. It is oil resistant, waterproof and CFC free. It covers a 3inch thick cushion of multi-layer small-cell form for more comfort. This unit measures 84*30*24inches, and the height can be adjusted to 34″. It weighs 34LB. 1500LB aircraft grade steel supports it.
- The wood and finishing is elegant
- PU leather makes it luxurious, durable and easy to clean
- Accessories add versatility when in use
- Sturdy and comfortable
- Large enough to hold clients of different sizes
- Headpiece is too hard and uncomfortable
2. BestMassage Pad Reiki Portable Massage Table
This Reiki Portable Massage table will make you optimize your skills as a massage therapist. You will be able to deliver treatment to your clients’ satisfaction. The frame is made of beech for professional strength with a weight limit of 600LB.
When you’re having such a busy day, you won’t have to worry about getting late between your appointments. It’s easy to fold and unfold and comes with a free carrying case
This unit made from PU leather that’s luxurious and comfortable for your clients. It’s also water and oil proof making cleaning easier. Its upholstery is comprised of four-inch thick high-density small-cell foam padding for comfort.
It’s the largest table in the market suitable for clients of all heights. It’s 77″ long without a headrest and 30″ wide.
- Made from PU leather that’s luxurious, easy to clean, water and oil proof
- Large and sturdy suitable from different sized clients
- Carrying bag has a handle and a shoulder strap
- Four-inch foam padding that is comfortable
- Detachable face cradle and a pair of extensions for the arms
- Because of its size, it weighs a lot.
3. Sierra Comfort All-Inclusive Portable Massage Table
Massage therapists know that you need the massage table to handle your clients’ problems effectively. The Sierra Comfort All-Inclusive Portable Massage Table offers complete massage solutions to get you going.
The table is made of high-quality maple hardwood. With the luxurious 2.5inch high-density foam, it keeps your clients comfortable.
It comes complete with a removable facial cradle, arm supports, and armrest. It’s 100% cotton fitted sheets are waterproof and oil resistant. Also included is a semi-circle bolster, oil pouch, and towel hanger. This keeps all your equipment at arm’s length. Carrying it around is easy as it comes with a carrying bag.
The table measures 72*28*33inches with a weight capacity of 450LB. It has an adjustable height of between 23 and 33inches give you comfort as you work. You won’t have to bend too much to give the best massages.
- Durable, sturdy and stable. It can hold clients’ weights efficiently
- Easy to put together and disassemble
- Adjustable height that allows versatility for you
- Soft and comfortable padding for the clients
- Accessories available make works easier
- The face cradle doesn’t fit properly onto the table. It’s also thin and not properly cushioned.
In my opinion doing outcalls to clients’ homes/businesses make you feel more connected to them as their massage therapist. For this, you need a Premium Portable massage table. It’s all inclusive of a portable table, sheets, and accessories.
The table is made from high-quality beech timber. The luxurious 2.5inch high-density foam keeps your clients comfortable. These two features make the table last a while as they are both durable and aesthetically appealing
For even more convenience the table has a facial removal cradle, arm supports, and armrests. This helps in propping your clients up allowing you to access more parts of their bodies. To protect the table are fitted sheets made from 100% cotton.
A semi-circle bolster, oil pouch and towel hanger are also included in this package. Other features include the waterproof and oil resistant surface. An adjustable height, premium carrying handles, and durable stitching.
- It has more accessories than other standard portable tables
- Sturdily built to last
- Adjustable height for efficiency
- The facial cradle is convenient for taller clients
- High-density foam makes your clients comfortable
- The adjustable facial cradle is made from plastic. It could easily break.
5. Saloniture Professional Portable Folding Massage Table
The equipment you use as a massage therapist should be upgraded a few times to accommodate clients’ needs and to also get with the times. The Saloniture Professional Portable Folding Massage Table is the upgrade you need.
This table has been crafted with a sturdy hardwood frame. To add stability to the table, there are double tension knobs on each leg. The table support cable utilizes quality steel as those used in automobile brake construction. This makes it strong to support up to 450LB
It comes with an adjustable headrest with the support that’s durable. It also features an arm sling under the headrest and a winged armrest. All these are detachable. A two-inch thick layer of foam covers the top of the table. It’s covered in luxurious PU leather that’s water and oil proof.
The table legs have a non-slip, non-marring feet to prevent sliding. It also protects all types of floors. It folds in half and is easy to transport.
- Sturdy enough to hold heavy clients
- Adjustable height to set it to your specification
- Accessories add versatility
- PU leather is luxurious and comfortable
- Foam is firm but soft
- Armrests are feeble
6. Best Massage Two Fold Burgundy Portable Massage Table
If you’re fresh from school and looking to start out on your own, the Two Fold Portable massage table is the best for you. The frame is made from birch hardwood to ensure professional strength with a weight limit of 450LB.
This table is easy to fold and unfold efficient when you’re rushing to your next appointment. It comes with a free carrying case.
The upholstery is made of 2inch thick high-density small-cell foam padding. Not only is it waterproof, but it’s also oil-resistant. You only need to wipe it to make it clean. It’s made from 100% PU leather which is luxurious to lie on and also comfortable for your clients.
This is the best part. It comes with a whole set of free equipment like. Adjustable headrest, face pillow, hanging arm shelf, a pair of hand rest and a carrying case.
- Made from PU leather that’s luxurious and comfortable
- Padding is soft but firm
- Sturdy table built to handle getting on/off or flipping over
- Easy to set up and break down
- Lots of free accessories for more convenience
- Can’t deal with clients over 450LB. Hand rest doesn’t fit bigger clients.
7. New 84″L 3Fold Massage Table Portable
It measures 73″L by 28W. It’s 84″ long with the face cradle and 32″ wide with side arms. It has an adjustable height of 24″ to 34″ with 550LB weight capacity. Its folding size is 36″ long by 7-1/4″ wide by 28″ high.
It’s a high-quality massage table with a 2″ thick layer of high-density form. This makes it comfortable for your clients during sessions.
It also comes with double knob leg adjustments. You can adjust the legs to your specification for convenience and efficiency. The adjustable face cradle gives your clients the independence to choose whether they want it or not. Also depending on how tall they are you can either attach or detach it.
- Sturdy and solid. Doesn’t wobble when in use
- Cushioning is comfortable to lay on
- Large size to accommodate heavier and taller clients
- Carrying case has a handle for easy transportation
- Easy to assemble and disassemble
- The face cradle isn’t as sturdy as the table itself
- The carrying bag has weak latches that may break during transportation
8. Black Portable Massage Table
The Black Portable Massage Table is ideal for professional therapists, therapy students, newbies, and home-users.
It’s made from high-quality beech timber. This makes it sturdy and durable. It also allows your clients to get on/off or flip over easily without fearing to fall. The 2.5inch high-density foam deck is soft yet firm to make your clients comfortable
This massage table package comes with an accessory kit. They include; forward arm rest shelf, an adjustable and removable face cradle. It also comes with a face cradle pad, side arm extenders, removable face portal and a free carrying bag.
This table has ergonomic dimensions that are efficient for clients of different sizes. It’s 73″ Long without the face cradle and 28″ wide. The height of 24″ can be adjusted to 33″. It has a weight limit of 450LB.
- Easy to assemble and disassemble
- Soft but firm upholstery for comfort
- Detachable arm rests, head rests and a lower armrest
- Adjustable height prevents too much bending for taller therapists
- Large to accommodate a variety of clients with/without the face cradle
- The carrying case isn’t strong enough to handle the table.
9. Heaven Massage Two Fold Burgundy Portable Massage Table
I’ve had never been to heaven, but I imagine it’s peaceful and serene. If you want your clients to experience heaven during a massage, the Heaven Massage Portable table is for you. It comes complete with all functional components.
It’s made from birch hardwood which makes it elegant and sturdy. It comes with 2inch comfortable thick padding foam. This makes the table comfortable for your clients. The upholstery is made from PU leather. It’s oil resistant, water proof and luxurious to lie on.
It comes with free accessories. They include; a carrying case, adjustable headrest, and removable armrest. These make a massage session versatile.
The table measures 72″ without face cradle, 27″wide and an adjustable height of 26″ to 36″. It can hold a capacity weight of 450LB.
- Solid wood frames make it sturdy and durable
- PU leather upholstery and superior cushioning is comfortable and luxurious
- Accessories allows for versatility for the therapist and the client
- Easy to attach, detach and fold
- Adjustable height for convenience
- Arm extensions fit onto the table closer to the top edge. They are also not long enough
10.Therapist’s Choice DELUXE Massage Table
This table will keep your clients warm in the winter. It comes with a DELUXE Fleece Massage Table Pad Topper with 2pcs that include; a Top sheet with fitted corners that fully wrap the sides of the table and a cradle cover synthetic.
The soft fleecing topping adds a comfortable and added cushioning your clients will love. It’s a life of your table top and corners.
The table is extremely light! You can carry it in whatever transport you use.
- Stay in position during a massage session
- Elastic corner straps prevent slipping
- Double comfortable compared to other tables from the extra cushioning
- Provide consistent warmth for your clients’ bodies during sessions in the winter
- It is easy to set up and stows quickly
- The fleece sheds before washing and even more after washing
- The padding is not thick enough
Factor To Consider When Selecting The Best Massage Table
Massage tables stay with you a long time. You, therefore, need to consider the following before settling on one.
A massage table should be wide enough to accommodate clients of all sizes. It should also be narrow enough for you for easy movement and positioning. The height should be such that when you bend your shoulders and the client’s hips form a perfect square. Your hands should be parallel to the clients’ spine.
Picture Credit: customcraftworks.com
The most popular brands have widths that range between 70cms (28inches) and 76cms (30inches). The lengths range from 180cms to 195cms. If the table brand has an extending face cradle, it adds 20cm. Choose a massage table that will be comfortable for both short and tall clients. Also, choose the one you will be comfortable working in.
Portable Or Fixed
This depends on the services you offer as a massage therapist. Do you work from an office or do you do outcalls and are always on the move?
A fixed table is heavy, sturdy and stable and is always at one point. The portable tables, however, are light and can be easily folded for easy carrying around. Depending on the clients you see, it’s better to have the two just in case a situation arises.
This also depends on the types of clients you see. If you make more out calls, you need a lightweight, portable table. They range from 12kgs to 21kgs. If you work from an office, you need a much heavier table. They range from 68kgs to 138kgs.
If you use the portable table, you need to consider how you will be carrying it. A table cart would be a wonderful investment for you as the best handheld massager.
Material Of The Table
Massage tables are made from two materials either wood or aluminum. Tables made from wood are heavier that those made from aluminum. Wooden tables were used in ancient times, but they’re still efficient now. Some massage tables have wooden legs but with an aluminum frame. In the end, it’s really what you prefer. You need to check massage table brand for perfect material.
Standard pad thickness ranges from 5cms to 8cms. The thickness determines the comfort levels of your clients and the durability and appearance of your table. If the density is higher the material that makes the padding is more. A thick foam lasts longer than a thin one.
It also depends on the massages you do. If you do sports massages, you need a firm pad compared to if you do pregnancy massages.
This is the most important factor as it determines what massage table you will get. There are both cheap and expensive massage tables in the market. Hardwood massage tables cost more compared to softwood and aluminum tables.
The thicker the pad, the higher the price. Different manufacturers also sell their tables differently. The most popular ones have a higher price compared to the less popular ones.
A massage table is an investment. Low-cost tables are made from a low-quality material that will end up costing more. Choose a table you and your clients will be comfortable using but one within your budget frame.
The upholstery of massage tables is usually made from PU leather or PVC leather.
PU leather is closer to the real leather than the PVC. It’s soft and comfortable to lie on. It’s also very strong and lasts longer. PVC leather is an imitation of the real leather.
The quality of either matter when choosing a massage table. Higher priced tables have higher quality upholstery lower prices have lower quality upholstery.
Cable System/Tensor Cable Support System
It features in portable tables and provides strength and stability. Brilliantly ensures that the table doesn’t rock forwards, backward or collapsing when in use. It’s not recommended to buy a portable table without a cable system
Above discussed are reviews of the best portable massage tables. The choice isn’t only limited to massage therapists. You can get a massage table for your mom, dad, spouse, boyfriend, girlfriend, son, daughter close and distant relatives as a gift.
They are a must have especially if you do a lot of exercises. It can be a way to even further distress after a rigorous session at the gym. They can also be beneficial to pregnant women but first, consult your Ob/Gyn.
Another group of people these tables can be of service to; people with bone and muscle illnesses that require massages. It can greatly help you sleep well and avoid even more complications. Not forgetting our older parents, aunts, and uncles.
I would recommend that you buy any of the above massage tables. Massage therapists across borders use them. Happy massaging to you! You can also check for your another question’s.