Finding the best walking shoes for overweight walkers can be an uphill task for many overweight men and women. This article is more so for individuals who have made walking their choice of exercise as a way of keeping fit. For overweight, need to choose the right pair of shoes, and the wrong shoes can cause a lot of problems.
Therefore, you need to take the right step in improving your health by choosing the right shoes. I have compiled a list of top-quality shoes recommended for both men and women who are overweight. Check out these reviews and buying guides to help you make the right purchase decision.
Table of Contents
- Best Walking Shoes for Overweight Men Reviews
- Best walking shoes for overweight Women Reviews
- Things to Consider – Walking Shoes For overweight walkers
- Things to consider when buying walking shoes for Women
- Final Words
Best Walking Shoes for Overweight Men Reviews
With the above considerations in mind, you are now ready to purchase a great pair of walking shoes from our collection below.
1. Rockport Men’s Eureka Walking Shoe
A solid pair of shoes to serve his daily formal and casual duties is ideal for most men. The Rockport Men’s is an excellent multipurpose shoe pair for any occasion. It is practical for all-day comfort. Moreover, it has an official look with the practicability of a comfortable walking shoe.
The Rockport Men’s Eureka Walking Shoes are a comfortable pair of shoes due to the generous amount of cushioning in the shoes. First, the shoe collar and tongue are well padded. In addition, the interiors of the Shoe are well softened. This ensures that increased comfort. The Shoes also have rubber soles to improve shock absorption.
This shoe has a removable foam footbed. The Rockport Men’s Eureka can quickly air the shoes as you can remove the footbed for washing and airing. Additionally, the interiors of the shoes have a mesh lining that helps in breathability quickly absorbs sweat and moisture. This eliminates foul odors that may emanate from prolonged use and in hot temperatures.
Rockport designed their Walking Shoe to suit multiple occasions. It’s made of top-quality leather and gives a semi-casual look. The Rockport Men’s Eureka can wear the shoes for a sporty occasion or with a semi-casual jacket for the official assignment. Its fully-rugged, grained leather look is the perfect fashion statement for any man.
- Durable shoe pair made of high quality imported materials and upper rubber outsole
- Allows for feet to flex because of extra room in the interior cavity fully
- The shoes give maximum traction because of the rubber soles that provide grip
- The tongue and the collar are padded
- Available in different sizes
- The rigid upper leather is not suitable for athletic shoes.
- Leather can sometimes stretch and lose its shape over time.
2. Rockport Men’s We are RockinChranson Walking Shoe
For a man looking for a rugged look, the Rockport Chranson is the shoe pair for you. With their amazingly stylish looks, the shoes are light and flexible and capable of keeping your feet protected in many environments.
These shoes are good for men with orthopedic issues. The shoes are made using the latest ADIPRENE technology, which provides support to the heels. The outsoles are biomechanically designed to improve stability when walking. Without compromising on the foot movement, the upper materials of the shoes allow flexing. The enhanced arch support of the shoes is a sure bet for anyone who uses them for long hours standing or walking.
The shoes are made of lightweight material that leaves your feet feeling weightless. In addition, the synthetic rubber soles provide the flexibility needed for any walking shoes.
Be sure to Rock the Rockport Men’s We are RockinChranson Walking Shoe for your casual of the semi-formal event. The stylish leather design with the sporty features makes it a sure win for any occasion. The shoes have refined black edges that give you a pair of walking shoes that look great and feel even more extraordinary. This excellent Shoe features stitching details and contrasting overlays that are desirable of many designs.
- A grippy outsole provides traction
- Comfortably lined tongue and collar assure extra comfort
- It fits both narrow and wide feet
- It feels stable
- Designed with a high-quality synthetic sole
- Wide heel easily slips off for people with narrow heels.
- The design may be unappealing for some
- It can get hot during hot weather
3. New Balance Men’s MW411v2 Walking Shoes
For durability and comfort, the New Balance Men’s MW411v2 Walking Shoe pair is your best pick. The shoes offer comprehensive support and comfortability. In addition, the shoes are light and flexible, ideal for a man who loves to walk regularly. We highly recommend this design because of its extra cushioning, super lightweight, and flexibility.
Additionally, the shoes have leather perforations to allow breathing and removable insoles that are easily removed and washed.
The walking shoes are comfortable because of the generous amount of cushioning in the shoes. The plush footbeds on the inside of the boots offer enhanced comfort. The solid sole made explicitly with a shock absorption system in the midsole further absorbs any shock from impacts to the ground.
The Shoe’s insoles are made of foam. The outsole and midsole are made using modern technology, which utilizes super-light rubber compounds reducing the net weight—a desirable advantage when it comes to sensual shoes for walking.
- Made of durable, high-quality materials
- Traditional Lace closure with extra eyelets provided secure
- The shoes are lined with a seamless, soft mesh lining.
- The shoes are comfortable.
- Too much lace pressure
- Narrow sole, which is not preferable for people with wide heels
4. Reebok Men’s Work N Cushion 2.0 Walking Shoe
This is a great walking shoe for overweight men that is very comfortable. Apart from its offering support and comfort, the pair boasts of increased traction. When it comes to a shoe that offers superior traction, this is it. The Reebok Men’s Work N Cushion 2.0 Walking Shoe is fitted with an oil and slip-resistant sole. The slanted heel of the Shoe provides the much-desired stability.
This is a comfortable pair of shoes due to the generous amount of cushioning in the shoes. In addition, the uppers are well padded to offer enhanced comfort.
They have been made in a way that the soles are slightly slanted to the side. This significantly improves stability for the walker.
- Low cut around ankles eliminates unnecessary irritation
- Extra padding for increased comfort
- Slip-resistant outsole
- It offers one of the best natural solutions to back pain
- It needs better padding to increase comfortability
- Narrow fit
- Poor interior ventilation.
5. Asics Men’s GEL-Tech Walker Neo 4 Walking Shoe
The Asics Men’s GEL-Tech Walker Neo 4 Walking Shoe is a comfortable shoe pair made with the avid walker in mind. The shoes boast comfortability. They have heels infused with gel to provide extra cushioning, minimizing the impact on the foot.
The soles have been leveled, making them slightly slanted at the heel. This significantly improves stability for the walker.
Impact absorption goes a long way in improving the comfortability of shoes. For example, the Asics Men’s GEL-Tech Walker Neo 4 Walking Shoe is fitted with gel cushions in the middle and the rear of the boots.
- Lightweight for ultimate comfort for all-day wear
- Breathable mesh upper and side panels to help air circulate
- Gel on the heel and toe improves cushioning on the foot
- They are lightweight
- No sizes for wide widths
- They take time to “break in.”
- Arch support may take time to get used to
Best walking shoes for overweight Women Reviews
1. ASICS Women’s GEL-Quick WK 2 Walking Shoe
The solution is here for those women who constantly complain of heel pains every time they go out walking. Asics new Women’s GEL-Quick WK 2 Walking Shoe gets it suitable for the rear sole. The shoes are comfortable and stylish with a breathable mesh that prevents odors. The rubber outsole also goes a long way in ensuring durability. Wondering why you should grab a pair? Read on
For maximum comfort, the heels of the Shoe are Gel-infused using GEL-based technology. In addition, the tongue is heavily padded to avoid friction when the shoelaces are tied. A plush footbed and midsole further decrease the impact on the heels.
The shoes have an internal heel counter that gives stability when you are walking. In addition, by using the AHAR-enhanced technology, ASICS has ensured that the rubber outsole is highly durable.
- The traditional lace-up system ensures a snug fit
- AHAR-enhanced technology makes the rubber outsole extremely durable
- Seamless forefoot overlays to reduce irritation
- Highly breathable
- Insoles are not removable
- The sizing is a bit off; the recommendation is to buy a bigger size for a comfortable fit
- Not suitable for flat feet and low arches
2. BASICS Women’s GEL-Tech Neo 4 Walking Shoe
Asics have upped their game in this new design that features the gel cushioning systems at the heels and forefoot, not forgetting gender-specific midsole systems for that extra comfort. Though not flashy, the simple form and design look like an everyday shoe. The shoes can be worn as both casual shoes and sports shoes.
For maximum comfort, the shoes are fitted with Gender-specific midsoles, which are advantageous when looking for women’s walking shoes. In addition, the cushioning at the heel and forefront provides needed support in minimizing the impact on the foot.
Unlike many walking or running shoes in the market, this pair has a 3M reflector increasing safety for the walker even in low-light conditions.
- Maximum impact reduction from the use of Gel cushioning system
- The shoe Rubber soles work well to enhance traction
- Breathable prevents odor formation and allows your feet to breathe
- Plush tongue and collar with GEL cushioning for comfort
- The shoe insole can easily remove the insole
- Arch support not well did
- Not available in wide sizes
- Break-in takes a bit of time
Also Read: Best Ankle Brace For Basketball & Running
3. New Balance Women’s WW877 Walking Shoe
For serious walkers, the New Balance Women’s WW877 Walking Shoe pair of choice. You need not be worried about the warm days, as the shoes have a mesh to increase breathability. However, not to compromise on comfortability, the interiors are well padded to absorb heavy impact. New Balance Women’s WW877 Walking Shoes are a recommended brand for heavier women with wider feet.
The New Balance Women’s WW877 Walking Shoe pair is fitted with high arches, which aid in relieving the pressure on the ankle joints. In addition, the unique sole design is specifically made to increase cushioning at the base of the foot, making it ideal for people with joint issues.
The shoes have been manufactured using super light material, which gives you the feeling of weightlessness on the feet, increasing comfortability.
- The top of the shoes are made from Suede/mesh for increased airflow
- Rubber sole for enhanced grip
- Padded tongue and collar provide comfort and excellent support.
- Traditional lace-up closure ensures a snug fit.
- Slightly thinner, less cushioned sole
- Less appealing design
4. New Balance Women’s WW847V2 Walking Shoe
When any woman wants comfortable sneakers with maximum breathability, the ABZORB technology used in making the shoes ensures that your feet do not stink from sweating. This is the Shoe for you.
With its traditional lace-up system, a snug fit is ensured. Comfortability at its best is provided as the collar, tongue, and heel have excellent padding giving extra comfort. The Shoe is made of durable material lasting for several years without the slightest of trouble, giving you a run for your money.
Because of their outstanding design, these shoes are a choice recommendation for Orthopedic purposes. It is also recommended for use by patients with spinal cord issues.
To maximize the comfortability of the shoes, we have ensured that the interior of the shoes is adequate with enough padding at the collar and tongue. In addition, the heels are also well padded.
The heels are made of high-quality rubber material that is great in the grip and ensures better traction. It also has excellent anti-slip support for added safety.
- Deep toe allowing toe flexing
- The shoes have an easy to dry wicking lining
- Seamless interiors making the shoes comfortable
- Durable rubber outsole
- Removable insole
- Sizing not well is done.
5. Brooks Women’s Addiction Walker Walking Shoes
If you are an overweight woman suffering from bunions, hammertoes, and other conditions, this walking Shoe is best suited for you. Many doctors recommend the Walking Shoe as ideal for overweight women.
This is one shoe pair highly recommended for women with orthopedic problems. The rear and forefoot areas boast Hydroflow, a technology that helps in shock absorption. In addition, the midsole design allows low arches, pronation over long distances, and Plantar Fasciitis.
PDRB triple in its midsole prevents the ankle from rolling over the side, increasing stability. This is complemented by the slip-resistant outsole, making you confident with each stride.
- Sturdy and durable withstands wear and tear
- Full leather upper good for enhancing breathability
- Cushioning comfort and excellent support
- The soles do not offer enough traction
- Unattractive design
- Tendency to squeak when used on some surfaces
Things to Consider – Walking Shoes For overweight walkers
Just like in the selection of well-fitting clothes, you are selecting a good pair of walking shoes is paramount for the body’s general well-being. Choosing the proper walking shoes ensures that your body is healthy and your joints are appropriately protected from harm.
Because of the difference in body structures in Men and women, there are specific considerations on the most appropriate walking shoes to suit their needs. We examine the different needs of men and women.
Things to consider when buying walking shoes for Women
Different women have different types of arches. Thus any woman needs to acquire shoes that are structured for her arch type. If you have a flat arch, it is advisable to get a pair of shoes with a wide base. Additionally, ensure that the shoes you select are soft on the outside but are rigid enough on the inside to provide the required stability.
For women with a normal arch, a pair of shoes that provide flexibility and adequately support the arch are best. In addition, ensure you get a pair of Shoe that is appropriately cushioned at the top to prevent blistering. However, for the woman with a high arch, a pair of shoes with just a bit of cushioning fits best.
The form of pronation one has essential when choosing the most appropriate pair of walking shoes. As a woman with an over-the-pronated foot, you should consider selecting shoes that provide excellent support. Another consideration should be a pair of shoes, with maximum help to the arch and a thick heel.
Consider getting flexible shoes with a toe box if your foot has normal pronation. However, if you have under pronation, it is pertinent for you to select a pair of shoes that has maximum flexibility and a very flexible arch. Most importantly, a well-padded pair of shoes is best for you.
Size and Width
For best fitting, women are advised to ensure that they get professional help in determining the width and size of their shoes. The best-fitting is determined by the width largest foot. It is also vital to know the right size to have the best-fit Shoe.
Another determinant factor in the selection of the appropriate walking shoes for women is their weight. Women with more weight need more support and cushioning in their walking shoes than women with less weight.
Things to consider when buying walking shoes for Men
Because of the nature of men’s activities, their walking shoe needs are different compared to women’s needs. Their shoes need to have minimum cushioning but are very flexible. Compared to women’s shoes, men’s shoes require adequate toe room to allow the toes to flex without being hindered. We now examine the various considerations.
A man’s walking shoes require low, reinforced heels and must be constructed with a slight angle slant. This stabilizes the foot with every step. The difference between walking and running shoes is the need for cushioning. So ensure to select shoes with less padding for walking compared to the need for more padding with running shoes.
When walking, the foot naturally flexes more as compared to how much it is flexible when walking. Thus the selection of a perfect pair of shoes is paramount. The essential areas that need to be looked at when checking for the shoes’ flexibility are the soles and the forefoot area on the outer sole. In addition, a well-flexed shoe pair prevents constriction, which can cause foot and shin pain.
The type of materials that a pair of walking shoes is essential in the determination of walking shoes. You should select shoes that are light on your feet. However, the shoes must be made of durable, sturdy material to give your feet adequate support to your feet. Breathability is also paramount when you select a pair of shoes for your walking needs. Leather and synthetic mesh combination are best for walking shoes.
While regular walking may be a perfect way of dramatically improving your well-being, purchasing the proper shoe type for your feet is paramount in ensuring that you protect your feet from injuries. The first step is making sure that you get the correct measurements for your feet.
The best time to measure ones’ feet is in the evening after the day’s activities. This is when the feet are at their largest. Next is to determine your needs before selecting a shoe pair that best suits your needs. The best walking shoes for overweight walkers must provide four essential components; Comfort, Protection and Support, Durability, and Endurance.
May You Also Like –
- Compex Sport Elite Review – Market Top Electrical Muscle Stimulator
- Knee Brace for Running & Basketball
- 10 Foot Massager Machine Reviews for you
- Foot Spa Massager & Foot Bath – Guideline From Expert
- Ucomfy Shiatsu Foot Massager Reviews
- Revitive Circulation Booster Reviews – FDA-Cleared Class II Medical device