Best Portable Massage Chairs Reviews (Updated in 2018)
Massage is considered a useful type of therapy which helps attain sheer relaxation. As technology keeps changing, it has brought new massage advancement for individuals who prefer to get frequent massages. Portable massage chairs have eliminated the need to visit a spa on a daily basis.
They feature different components while some serve some purposes better than others. There are so many massage chairs in the market to choose from. Therefore, consider reading our for our ten best portable massage chairs in 2018. With the wide range of choices in the market, it is essential to know what makes a good and useful massage chair. To ensure you make an informed purchase, read our guide.
Table of Contents
- 10 Best Portable Massage Chairs – Reviews
- 1. EARTHLITE Vortex Portable Massage Chair Package
- 2. STRONGLITE Ergo Pro II Portable Massage Chair Package
- 3. Master Massage Professional Portable Massage Chair
- 4. EARTHLITE Avila II Portable Massage Chair Package
- 5. Giantex Portable Light Weight Massage Chair Travel Massage Tattoo Spa Chair
- 6. NRG Grasshopper Adjustable Massage Chair
- 7. Master Massage Bedford Portable Light Weight Massage Chair
- 8. ROBIN Black Salon Spa Portable Massage Chair
- 9. Inner Strength Element Portable Massage Chair
- 10. Heaven Massage Deluxe Portable Folding Massage Chair
- Things to Consider About Portable Massage Chairs
- Final Verdict
10 Best Portable Massage Chairs – Reviews
1. EARTHLITE Vortex Portable Massage Chair Package
Earthlite Vortex is a regular massage chair that combines luxury, style, comfort, and durability. For durability, it has a frame made of robust oval tubing construction. Therefore, it augments strength on standard frames. Its stylish curvy design gives you an impressive first impression.
The chair is easily portable due to its frame construction. Since the frame is from aircraft grade aluminum, it is lightweight. Also, the chair is light (14 pounds) hence simple to move around.
Earthlite features Natursfot upholstery which besides being durable is luxurious and soft. The padding outdoes massage chairs with vinyl coverings. Moreover, the chair’s pro-lite cushioning has an upholstery cover.
The double layer support makes the chair more comfortable for the user. Therefore, the chair ensures you get the best massage experience. It can support 300 pounds working weight, which is more than sufficient for most.
Since the Earthlite Vortex is simple to set up, you can use it when need be. Since it folds compactly, it is easy to store and takes up less space. It features a simple design which makes it simple to set up and adjust the seat for better comfort.
- Expert engineering and innovative designs
- Can support 300 pounds
- Has cushions for comfort
- Easy to maintain
- The manual that comes with the chair may be complicated for some to comprehend
- During assembly, there are complaints of some customers finding some parts non-functional
2. STRONGLITE Ergo Pro II Portable Massage Chair Package
Stronglite`s Ergo Pro II is among the most advanced massage chairs the market has to offer. This massage chair has been designed with the help of several thousand massage therapists. Therefore, the chair has the user in mind. Stronglite Pro II is not only useful but also luxurious.
It is a professional massage chair that has an entirely flexible platform; and a detachable face pillow. These features make the chair effortless to transport. On delivery, it is inclusive of a carry case to prevent the chair from any scrapes that may occur during transportation.
With rounded pads, the chair is not only comfortable, gives it a simple design. The chair is strong enough to hold 1200 pounds of static weight and 600 working weight. Therefore, the chair is convenient for every individual. For ease of portability, the chair is lightweight (19pounds).
You can adjust the height of the chair as per your preference. Adjusting also improves comfort to avert back injuries. You can vary the height of the chair because of its telescopic legs. Stronglite Ergo-Pro II has an appealing design; it is simple to use and user-friendly.
- Lightweight hence easy to transport
- Allows adjustments
- Supports 1200 pounds static weight
- The sturdy and rugged construction thus durable
- The tubing is covered with durable finish
- It is heavier compared to other models. However, the heaviness makes it robust
- Maybe costly than other models, but gives you the best value for your money
3. Master Massage Professional Portable Massage Chair
Being lightweight, it is the ideal pick for someone looking to get a massage chair while on the move. Master Massage features a unique aircraft grade tubular construction, which enhances its durability. Also, the sturdy construction enables it to support 1,000 pounds.
It has small cell foam, which constitutes the padding. Therefore, the user remains comfortable throughout the massage. Since you can adjust the chair to every surface, the chair is suitable for every user.
As a professional massage chair, it has a session pouch. The pouch contains any necessary tools and accessories which you may need to store; especially for those using the chair commercially. In the bag, you can store your client’s jewelry or watch for safe keeping.
With a wheeled carry case, the chair is effortless to transport. Also, it is inclusive of a 6-way variable cradle face for enhanced comfort. It also comes with a wholly cushioned bolster.
Master massage chair is entirely padded, features an ergonomic design, and is convenient to store. It is a breeze to set up the chair making it suitable for use by those who work at events.
- Stable and comfortable
- Simple to assemble and use
- Appealing look and ergonomic design
- Easy to transport
- Suitable for storing even in compact spaces
- There are limited adjustments, which are used depending on your use of the chair
- It may not be the best option for tall people since the chest pad isn’t detachable
4. EARTHLITE Avila II Portable Massage Chair Package
The package is inclusive of a massage chair, carry bag with a telescoping handle, a massive duty nylon wheel, manual in the form of a DVD and a sternum pad. Avila II had stainless steel clutches and reinforced chest clumps which make the chair durable and robust.
There are three levers which adjust the chair to suit your preference. Compared to other massage chairs on our list, it is the most adjustable. You can customize it between 4`6″ to 6`6″. The adjustments can be made on the chest pad, which can either slide or tilt, the face cradle which is completely adjustable, and the variable armrest to ensure your client remains comfortable.
With this Earthlite product, you enjoy high working weight. Its frame construction features superlight and robust patented carbon composite. The frame has detachable and replaceable pads. It is simple to move around since it weighs 22 pounds. The chair is sturdy enough to support 350 pounds.
For enhanced comfort, the massage chair has superior padding. The cushions are removable and effortless to clean for hygienic purposes. Besides, the cushions are wholly made of PU Upholstery, a commercial grade material.
The chair easily folds and comes with a carry case of ballistic nylon. For ease of portability, it has urethane wheels.
- Superior padding enhances comfort
- Easy to move around with
- Allows several adjustments
- High working height
- Durable, sturdy frame construction
- The chest level handle may be flimsy and snap
- It may take some time to set it up or break it down, which is due to the sturdy, robust construction
5. Giantex Portable Light Weight Massage Chair Travel Massage Tattoo Spa Chair
If you need the best massage chair and you are limited by your budget, consider getting the Giantex Massage chair. Giantex is a trusted brand that has been in the industry for long. Therefore, you can rely on their products.
This Giantex massage chair features a compact design. On folding the chair, it becomes flat, hence can be stored even in the smallest spaces. The chair is inclusive of a carrying bag which is of good quality. Besides protecting the chair from scrapes, it also protects your shoulders from cuts.
The modern design in the Giantex portable chair makes it ideal to support different body types. It features a design which also makes it suitable for use in the office, or at home, depending on the settings.
Since it consists of PU leather, which is resistant to oil and water, it is the best option for anyone seeking quality comfort. Its frame is of sturdy aluminum, which makes the chair durable.
It is simple to assemble, and its assembly does not require any tools hence convenient. You can rely on it for a relaxing massage for your clients. Giantex light weight is ideal for commercial and personal use.
- High density thick small cell foam cushioning
- Ideal for storage in compact areas
- Simple tool-free assembly
- Versatile to accommodate different body types
- Suitable for personal and commercial use
- There are concerns about its durability
- Frequent users may experience difficulty in adjustments with time. Hence it may not be the best pick for
- someone looking to use it frequently
6. NRG Grasshopper Adjustable Massage Chair
Among the massage chairs with recent incarnations is the NRG Grasshopper. It is a high-quality massage chair with aircraft grade aluminum. Therefore, it is light, robust and straightforward to set up. NRG features a straightforward design that is effective and useful. This grasshopper massage chair is effortless to adjust and set it up is a freeze.
With 18 pounds, it is simple to move around with the chair. The NRG also comes with a carrying case that protects the chair from scratches and scrapes. It can accommodate up to 300 pounds, which is more than sufficient for most. The seat, armrest, head support and chest pad are adjustable to maximize comfort for your clients.
The chest pad has a breast recess which some may find comfortable. There is a Velcro which tightens the grip of the screw. The screw tightens up the bar which controls the adjustments of the face rest.
It is an ideal pick for anyone looking to use a massage chair occasionally. Despite being small and light, NRG gets the job done. It is affordable and offers the best service for its value. We recommend it for personal use only.
- Easy to set up
- Lightweight and allows numerous adjustments
- Supports a maximum of 300 pounds
- Features recent design
- Affordable and effective
- It may not be ideal for some since it is relatively low
- Does not have height adjustability
7. Master Massage Bedford Portable Light Weight Massage Chair
With the Master massage, you enjoy durability courtesy of the aircraft steel frame. Besides, the chair is lightweight, yet sturdy. It stands out because of it is electrostatically powder coating. The coating is resistant to scratches, rust, and nicks. Therefore, you can be sure to use it for long.
Its construction makes it sturdy enough to support 500 pounds of working weight. For the comfort of the user, it features multiple layer small-cell padding. The small-cell foam cushioning is unique since it is dense compared to other available forms of padding.
You can fold the chair for secure storage. Wrapping it makes it easy to carry, and convenient to store even in tight spaces. As a result, it is suitable for professional use by therapists. It is inclusive of a carrying case which is skillfully crafted, thus different from standard cases. The case features the finest and durable materials to ensure the carrier remains comfortable and free of cuts.
The carrying case is of heavy metal unlike cases from competing models that are of cheap plastic. Hence, the carrying case further promoted the durability and simplicity of use. Master Massage also consists of PU leather which is resistant to oil and water.
- High quality carrying case material
- Supports 500 pounds
- Electrostatic powder coating
- Small-cell foam cushioning for comfort
- The chair folds for secure storage
- The chair lacks support for where the user puts their weight
- There are concerns about the head and knee rest not being durable
8. ROBIN Black Salon Spa Portable Massage Chair
Robin portable massage chair is ideal for professional therapists looking to increase the efficiency of their services. It is also suitable for personal use while away on weekends or business trips.
This Black Salon spa massage chair is lightweight due to its aluminum construction. Its lightweight construction boosts the ease of portability. With the adjustable chest padding, armrest, and headrest, you can provide your client with maximum comfort. Not only do the adjustments help in comfort, but also help vary the intensity of the massage.
Further comfort is achieved through the unit’s 3-inch padding. Robin features a functional yet stylish design. Its design enables you to fold the chair for storage even in compact spaces.
It comprises of PVC leather which is resistant to oil and water. Despite being small, it can support between 250 and 300 pounds. Assembling the unit is effortless and is easy to break down too. For ease of portability, it comes with a carrying bag.
The carrying bag protects the carrier from cuts, while also protecting the chair against scratches. For those who take pride in American made products, consider getting this Robin massage chair.
- Durable construction
- Simple to set up
- Three-inch padding provides cushioning
- Lightweight hence easy to transport
- Attractive design yet highly functional
- There are complaints from customers on the durability of the unit
- It may not be very stable for heavy individuals since it lacks a horizontal feat.
9. Inner Strength Element Portable Massage Chair
It is a Living Earth Crafts product, which is a renowned company. Inner strength massage chair is suitable for starters or beginners in the massage industry. The chair is affordable and offers high quality for its value.
For the ultimo comfort of the user, the chair features a three-inch triple padding system. Also, the padding is of 100% Polyurethane; which is pure leather thus resistant to oil and water.
The chair comes with a carry case which makes the chair easy to transport. It also protects the chair against scratches and the carrier against cuts. You can adjust the chair from 23 inches to 33 inches, which is a wide range. Adjusting adds to the comfort.
To make it easy for the user to transport, it is only 16 pounds. Despite the lightweight, it is durable and sturdy. It can support a maximum of 300 pounds working weight. The unit is effortless to set up and break down.
Amongst available options in the market, Inner strength gives you the best value for a massage chair at its price. The package is inclusive of the chair, carrying case, and an adjustable deluxe headrest.
- Sturdy and robust
- Simple to set up
- Highly effective
- The face cradle is made of plastic
- Lacks Shiatsu release cables
10. Heaven Massage Deluxe Portable Folding Massage Chair
There is a significant rise in people who suffer from backaches. It may occur due to the activities we engage in our day to day lives. Massaging can help alleviate these pains. Ending our list is this Heaven Massage chair which you can use in your spa or tattoo business. You can now take your business with you.
Being lightweight makes the chair simple to transport as you attend to different clients. Its foldable design adds to portability while making it convenient to store even in small spaces. For ease of storage and portability, it comes with a carry case.
The best thing about it despite being light and easy portability, it still retains high functionality. Heaven massage comes with an adjustable face cradle as well as thick three and a half inch foam padding. Therefore, your clients remain comfortable during the massage session.
It’s construction of 100% Poly Urethane that is ultra-soft. The seat, hand, and armrest are variable for customization. Despite being lightweight, it is sturdy enough to support 300 pounds working weight and 700 pounds static weight.
- Sturdy and durable
- Three and a half inch padding
- Adjustable seat, hand, and armrest
- Lightweight hence easily portable
- Supports a lot of weight
- Suitable to store even in compact spaces
- The cushion may not be comfortable for some
- Compared to other models, it may be more massive.
Things to Consider About Portable Massage Chairs
Below are the most important considerations when choosing the best massage chairs from the wide variety in the market
Features of the chair;
It is an essential part of the massage chair. It enables you to immobilize your client and place them in a comfortable position. Always opt for a face cradle that is well cushioned to prevent irritating your clients face. Also, the face cradle should enable the client to see through.
When a client sits in a massage chair, they are in an unnatural position, which may be uncomfortable for some. To keep your client comfortable, the best massage chair should be one with a lot of padding, preferably memory foam technology.
We strongly suggest you choose a chair that has leg rest which should also be well padded. Mostly, the client will assume a kneeling position. Always check that the knee area has extra padding to keep your client comfortable.
It is very annoying having to seat in a chair that lacks armrests. The best chair should have armrests positioned at the front to give the user a comfortable place to rest their arms during the massage.
Ease of portability is an essential factor to consider. Massage chairs are convenient because you can take them with you. So, ensure the chair is easy to pack and transport. Ensure the chair is easy to fold. We recommend you choose a chair that comes with a carrying case.
Chair Massage Set-Up, video created by – MassageNerd
Choosing the right brand may be significant. It is because some clients feel they are getting the best service when you use a chair from a recognized brand. The brand usually depicts the quality of the products.
The best portable massage chair should be one that is lightweight. The weight determines the ease of portability. We recommend you pick a chair that weighs below 20 pounds.
Advantages of using a portable massage chair include the ease of portability which allows you to move conveniently to your clients. They are simple to set up, easy to fold and suitable to store eve in compact spaces.
As a professional massage therapist, you need to find a way to connect with your clients, while elevating your services to retain your clients. With the proper portable massage chair, you can easily satisfy your clients and turn first time customer to a regular one.
Feel free to choose any of the above best massage chairs that suit your preferences. Not only are they comfortable for clients, but they are affordable, effortless to maintains and convenient to store.
- Osaki OS-4000 Massage Chair Reviews
- Best Electric Muscle Stimulator Review – Check Our Top Picks
- Kahuna Massage Chair lm6800 Review – Create a Relaxed Life
- Top Handheld Massager Reviews – Portable Massager Machine for all body
- Best Portable Massage Table for 2018 – Portable & Professional Massage Tables
- 10 Best Foot Massager Machine for 2018 (Reviews)
- Best Foam Rollers – Foam Roller for Exercise, Massage, Back pain & Others