Best Knife Oil in 2020 – Guide & Reviews
Do you know the outcomes of using a blunt knife? How well can you take care of your knives? Well, everyone who has come into contact with a dull knife understands that it is dangerous to work with such a tool. Maintaining your knife is a great way to ensure that you prevent injuries and wear of the device. Just as we need massage oil for the human body, the same as need knife oil to keep the knife clean. Besides, with the many research available oiling the machine is one of the best ways to consider.
Table of Contents
- Best Knife Oil
- Best Knife Oil for Blade
- Best Knife Oils for Folding Knives
- Best Knife Oil Applicator
- Factors to Consider When Buying The Best knife oil
- Final Verdict
Best Knife Oil
Which types of oil can you use? Well, below are some of the best knife oil you can find on different kinds of knives.
Best Knife Oil for Blade
Taking care of your knife is an essential thing that should be done regularly. Just like any other tool, knives also require proper maintenance to enhance the durability of the machine. Additionally, it improves the working status of you the device. One of the critical things to do is to ensure that you oil the knife regularly. Oiling is one of the essential methods that can maintain your tool. However, there are different types of oil in the market that cater for a different purpose. Therefore, below is a guide that will help you in decision making.
1. Yoshihiro TSOIL 100%
It is the best oil to consider if you are working with high carbon steel knives. With its great features, the element of the main oil is the 3.4-ounce bottle that is full of Tsubaki oil. The oil comes from Camelia oil which is mostly considered as one of the best types of oil on kitchen knives. Additionally, this type of oil is well known to be the best choice in the market, especially with the people using Japanese knives.
However, even though it works well on these kinds of knives, it works to provide safety. Also, as we maintain our tools, security is an essential factor to keep in mind. Besides, with Yoshihiro Tsoil you don’t have to worry about food safety as it is food grade. For smooth applications, the oil comes with a rust eraser and a complimentary cloth.
It is a high-quality type of oil and with just a few drops of the oil on the knife; it works to prevent discoloration, corrosion, and rust. You will notice that the tools will work much faster than before.
Additionally, the rust eraser ensures that there is the ease in getting rid of stubborn stains on the device. Moreover, the good thing about this product is that it is vicious. It can sit on the blade for long, and its thinness ensures that it spreads quickly on the tool when applying.
- It features a cloth that aids in applying the oil to the knife
- It has an optimized texture
- Comes with a complimentary sabitori rust eraser
- It comes with great maintenance kits
- It is a safe food grade pureness type of oil
- The oil is odorless and does not leave stains
- It prevents discoloration, corrosion, and rust
- It is best for high carbon steel knives
- The oil tends to be a bit expensive
2. 100% Natural Food Grade Knife and Blade Maintenance Oil
It is one of the quality knifes oil that works to protect the knives, thus enhancing their durability. Prevents rust by displacing water effectively and ensures that there is no wear and tear. It creates a thin layer of oil on the tool that enhances its performance. This type of oil comes in excellent package design for storage and smooth functionality. It features a pipet dropper that precisely distributes oil equally and evenly on the tool.
With the perfect blend of Camellia seed oil and white food mineral oil, the oil is suitable for on kitchen knives. It comes with 100% food safe ingredients and most ideal for carbon and steel kitchen cutlery as it protects them against tear and wears. Another great feature about this oil is that it is low in viscosity. This means that it can flow and spread quickly on the tool, thus easy for convenience.
Moreover, it is odorless oil that everyone can work correctly with it. It does not solidify in the bottle, so it saves on time when doing maintenance. Even though the fuel is expensive as compared to others; it is worth your investment. Excellent Citadel knife maintenance oil that works magic. It is indeed a great product!
- It consists of 100% of food ingredients
- It consists of Camellia seed oil and white mineral oil
- Features a pipette that allows for easy application
- It has both the switch and fixed blades
- Suitable to protect carbon steel knives from wear and rust
- It spreads smoothly and evenly on the tool
- Comes with low viscosity
- It is easy to wash off the hands
- At times you might encounter difficulties with its packaging
- The dropper of the cap tends to be loose
3. KUROBARA 100% Pure Tsubaki Japanese Knife
There are a lot of knife oils in the market, but this type still outstands in the market as it has excellent features. It entirely prevents rusts and corrosion on blades. Also for Food-safe grade types of knives that are compatible with various kinds of materials. It comes in two different sizes, and each size comes with a different application method. We have the smaller and the giant size bottle of the oil.
Besides, the larger size comes with a bottle with a pump, and it is straightforward in application. On the other hand, the smaller container comes with a dropper fitting that allows you to apply drops on the blade easily using a cloth. It saves you time, and both the sizes are just perfect and easy to operate. It all depends on what works well for you.
Even though this type of oil is ideal for Japanese knives, you can also use it on different types of kitchen cutlery or wood materials. It protects the contents from corrosion, thus enhancing their lifespan. You can even use it on materials such as ceramic, rubber or plastic.
- It is 100% pure Tsubaki knife oil with Camellia oil
- It features 245 ml spray type with a 100ml drop type
- Comes with an excellent maintenance kit
- The oil is odourless and has a neutral taste
- It is versatile as it suitable for various materials
- It correctly prevents rust on blades
- Gives conveniences when in use
- Its price is too high
4. Thirteen Chefs Knife and Honing Oil
It is one of the best value blade oil on the market in terms of affordability. It is also safe certified food oil that has no allergens, and it is tasteless and odourless. The food safety ingredients help to maintain safety when the oil comes into contact with cooking items or food. With the help of this high-quality oil, you can probably enhance the lifespan of the knife as well and maintain it well.
The oil works to ensure that it creates a tough barrier to preventing water damage and humidity. It uses the oxidation process where the oil works to prevent rusts from occurring. Although it is best suitable for Japanese knives, the oil can also be ideal for carbon steel materials. When correctly used, the oil reduces the chances of corrosion on the tools.
Additionally, you should keep in mind that rust is a significant problem when it comes to stainless and carbon steel materials as it reduces the harsh humid conditions surrounding the material. Another great factor about this oil is that it is versatile; thus, you can use it on any type of material. It minims the clogging of pores thus reduces the risks of sharpening the blade now and then. One tip to consider is that you should dry your tool thoroughly before you apply oil.
- It features vitamin E to improve its shelf-line
- Its food safety is certified and contains no harmful ingredients
- Has features that are carbon steel friendly
- It works to preserve the blade
- It is flavour free and odourless
- It is allergen-free and safe to be used on kitchen knives
- Suitable for sharpening stones
- it comes at a good value
- It tends to be expensive if you compare it to other products
Best Knife Oils for Folding Knives
There are so many factors that contribute to the improper function of the knives. For instance, when using folding knives, you should ensure that you do regular maintenance as they use the pivots to work effectively. If the pivots don’t fold properly, then it will lead to ineffectiveness at work. A suitable maintenance method is not all about cleaning the tool but also lubricating. Therefore, you should choose to use the best oil for folding knives to ensure that they work flawlessly. That is why I have prepared a guide to help you know the great options in the market and essential features to consider.
1. Daiwa 64110100 Reel Oiler
It is the best machine that can lubricate perfectly folding knives. Additionally, it is ideal for delicate machinery, firearm and beautiful reels. It is due to its small and compact size that enhances the need to work well on folding knives. It provides ease and convenience when lubricating these kinds of tools. Besides, it comes with a thin and long needle that makes it easy to apply oil on all parts of the machine .it also works to cover the hard to reach parts of the device as you use oil in small gaps.
Its applicator allows for exact some of oil to be extracted from the machine. It saves you from using too much or too little oil when lubricating the folding knives. If you apply too much of the oil to the tool, it tends to look greasy. Its colourless container helps determine the right time to refill the container. You can see through it and notice if you are running out of oil in the dispenser. The oil is light enough to spread evenly on the tool as it gives better results.
- It has long thin needles for convenience
- Features a clean, clear container for ease in refilling
- It is suitable for exquisite machinery, firearms and excellent reels
- It is easy to use and apply
- It works effectively in preventing rust and corrosion
- Comes in a small and compact design
- It is very affordable
- It tends to draw dirt to the material
2. Nano-Oil – NanoLube Anti Friction
The main advantage of using this oil is that there are two purposes of using the folding lube. First is that it offers the tool with a good layer of protection from moisture, and this helps to reduce the risk of rust, and it increases the lifespan of the device. Secondly, it lubricates the parts of the tool; hence they can move with ease. It helps the machine to function smoothly, reducing wear and tear.
The good thing about this type of oil is that it comes in a lube that comprises a needle. You can choose to apply the oil using the stainless needle dropper; this makes work easier. It is small enough to reach even the tiniest parts of the folding knife. The oil is light enough to move quickly and entirely on the blade, thus offers ease of work. When this type of oil, its design helps you easily apply the oil without dismantling the knife.
Additionally, it works to reduce friction effectively without causing friction. Its wide range of application makes it suitable for a variety of products. The Nano bearings adhere to the magnetic crevices, thus prevents dirt and dust from sticking on the knives.
- It has anti-oxidant features and moisture barriers
- It is a multipurpose lube
- Creates a protective layer on knives
- Lasts long as you only use a few drops in application
- It enhances the speed of functionality of folding knives
- Ideal for pocket knives, firearms and machinery
- Effectively maintains moisture barrier
- It comes at a higher price
3. KPL Knife Pivot Lube Knife Oil
It is specifically designed to lubricate the moving parts of the pivot point to run smoothly. With its high-quality properties, it can penetrate through metal, ceramic and other surfaces. Besides, in short words, these properties will help the knife mechanism work smoothly and reduce the resistance that might lead to wear and tear. The KPL uses a synthetic property that works to keep dirt, grit and other features from interfering with the way the folding knife functions. It also works to prevent the wear and tear from the frequent use that comes while using the tool.
Besides, it is also a great product when it comes to making the pivot mechanism run smoothly. It is also a suitable choice for bronze washer pivots and fall shut frames. If you are looking forward to maintaining proper care of the knife, then you will need to consider this lubricant as your best choice. It comes at an affordable price, and its price is equivalent to its functionality. Moreover, its high quality makes your tools work faster and more efficiently.
Therefore, if you need an effective smooth operation with your folding knife, then you will have to consider this type of oil.
- It has synthetic properties that keep dirt away
- Comes with anti-corrosion features
- It has great quality
- It prevents contaminants
- Suitable for locking mechanisms and pivot points in knives
- Helps in achieving a silky smooth properties
- It gives excellent working strength
- Has inhibitors that prevent corrosion for protection
- It looks thin and might not stay for too long
- It comes with a high-end price
4. Liquid Bearings, 100%-synthetic oil
It is a 100% blend of synthetic that works to prevent corrosion on all types of knives. The best thing about this product is that it is compatible with all kinds of knives. Therefore, if you want to maintain your knife and keep it in an excellent working condition, then you should consider this type of oil. Did you know what this type of oil is superior among other lubricants? It outstands other brands on the market with its excellent features.
The good thing about this oil is that the molecules are uniform in weight and size. The oil is also colourless; thus, it does not leave a smell on your hands after maintenance. Additionally, when you are using this oil, you will notice that the blades will work efficiently, especially if you have been using petroleum products for an extended period.
Besides, the oil is so plastic friendly and does not destroy the painted surfaces. The two needles will help you apply a significant amount of oil without wasting the oil. The oil works so well on folding knives as it comes with unique features.
- Comes with uniform molecules
- Features two different applicators
- It comes with needles that have a tip that with scabbard
- Displaces old sprays or old petrol oils
- It is 100% synthetic fibre lubricant
- It is suitable for plastics and surfaces with paint
- It is odourless thus perfect for use with anybody
- Gives an excellent prevention property on corrosion
- It comes at a higher cost
Best Knife Oil Applicator
When doing maintenance, you will need applicators that will ease the process of application. Just as there are varieties of types of oil so are the applicators. You have to do great research before you purchase any of these products. Additionally, you should also consider the type of oil that best suits your applicator. Besides, below are some of the best knife oil applicators in the market. Check them out!
1. Sakai Takayuki, Oil applicator
It is one of the most significant oil applicators in the market which come with unique features. These features work to enhance the effectiveness of oil application on to the knives. It is best if you consider this type of device in the implementation of food-grade oil that is ideal for kitchen cutlery. It is because this type of device is designed to accommodate the Tsubaki oil; hence you can consider using any kind of oil that comes with 100% food-safe ingredients.
Its design is suitable to be handled by anybody. The tool’s design targets everyone, regardless if you are professional or unprofessional. You can both use the tool correctly without difficulties. Besides the applicator comes with oil inside it, so you can consider refilling it once the original oil runs out.it works top give perfect results its ease of operation makes the oil spread evenly on the knives.
- It features prefilled oil
- It features accessories that enhance ease of use
- The bottle is light enough to carry it around for long
- It offers convenience with ease of use
- It can withstand extended usage and harsh condition
- The bottle has no leaking features
- It is an excellent tool in lubrication works
- The white sealer at the centre tends to bring difficulties
2. CLARK’S Oil & Wax Round Applicator
The design makes the application of oil so easy and quick. It comes with an ergonomic handle that fits well in your hand and gives ease of use. The new version of this brand is slightly lighter than the old one to ensure that one can comfortably work well. The good thing about it is that it applies very smooth and consistent patterns. It fills the device with enough oil for efficient results.
Additionally, when you use this product, it tends to save oil. It picks up a little amount of oil that is needed for the project. Besides, you can always consider reusing the applicator. After use, just clean it and store it well until the next maintenance day. For quicker and better results, you should apply the rule of protection, cleaning and condition.
The best thing about this product is that it is multipurpose. You can also use to apply wax on materials. Therefore, it is an excellent applicator when it comes to maintenance.
- Its shape fits well in containers
- It features an ergonomic design for comfortability
- It comes in different sizes for different projects
- It leaves consistent and smooth finishes
- You can reuse the applicator from time to time
- It helps to minimize mess and waste of oil
- The device does not leave residue
- The applicator tends to be hard to reach some of the spaces
- It is a bit expensive
Factors to Consider When Buying The Best knife oil
There are so many different types of knife oil that offer various purposes. It might not be easy to choose the right oil for a particular purpose if you don’t have information on this product. However, we have prepared a guide that will give you insights on the things to consider when buying the best knife oil.
Consider the material of the knife
It is essential to examine whether the material of your blade is compatible with the type of oil you intend to purchase. Additionally, you should know that there are so many different types of oil that are suitable for various knives. Besides, some oils are not ideal for all kinds of materials; therefore, there is a need to do thorough research to determine which one will work best for your tool.
Check out for the type of blade
It is a significant determinant that will save you a lot of problems when it comes to choosing the best kind of oil. Before you purchase any knife oil, you should consider the type of blade that encompasses the knife. Therefore you should find the type of blade before you buy any knife oil.
Consider the type of knife
Various types of oil making them suitable for different kinds of knives. For instance, if you want to purchase oil for a kitchen knife or ulu knife, then go for a food-grade type of oil. It works well if you have an idea of the kind of blade you are using so that you can choose the oil respectively. Additionally, choose one that will lubricate the blade correctly to enhance its functioning abilities.
Consider the purpose of oil
There are so many different types of oil that come with various uses. So before you purchase any kind of knife oil, you should make sure that it relates to its use accordingly. Some of the benefits of the oil are lubrication, rust prevention, protection, and cleaning. You choose always consider choosing the perfect type of oil for each purpose. If you are no sure of its uses, consider doing some of the reviews of the knife oil before you purchase it.
Every time you purchase your knives, you expect the blade to perform all the time efficiently. However, do you keep up with your maintenance schedule? How regularly do you oil your blades? Well, you should not expect your knife to function well if you do not take good care of them. Besides the normal activities of sharpening and cleaning your blades, you should also consider lubricating them. It is essential maintenance that you should keep up with, mainly if you use folding knives. Regular maintenance enhances the functioning of the tools and thus prevents damages.