A perfect work area makes for perfect work. Getting a good desk and chair is one of the best things you can get for yourself. But what happens if you have a carpet in your office? How do you make sure the chair doesn’t ruin the carpet? Getting a chair mat is one of the best moves to make.
A chair mat will protect your carpet from wear and tear. They also make it easy to roll chairs. This doesn’t only preserve the carpet but it protects you from injury.
Table of Contents
- 5 Best Chair Mat for Carpet Quickview
- 10 Best Chair Mat for Carpet Reviews
- 1. OFM Essentials Collection 36” x 48” Transparent Chair Mat
- 2. Dimex 46” x 60” Clear Rectangle Office Chair Mat
- 3. Gorilla Grip Premium Polycarbonate Studded Chair Mat
- 4. Mushyn Office Chair Mat
- 5. Lorell Tempered Glass Chair Mat
- 6. Marvelux 48”x60” Heavy Duty Polycarbonate Office Chair Mat
- 7. Floortex Polycarbonate Chair Mat with Lip
- 8. Floortex Cleartex AdvantageMat PVC Chair Mat
- 9. Anji Mountain Deluxe Natural Fiber Wooden Slat Roll-Up Chair Mat
- 10. Amazon Basics Polycarbonate Carpet Chair Floor Mat with Lip
- Things to Consider for Best Chair Mat for Carpet
- Final Verdict
5 Best Chair Mat for Carpet Quickview
So now that you know what a chair mat is, let us look at the best chair mat for carpet in 2021. This article will also include a guide that will help you find the best mat for your carpet. It will also show you the features of the individual mats to make things easier.
10 Best Chair Mat for Carpet Reviews
1. OFM Essentials Collection 36” x 48” Transparent Chair Mat
To start us off we have the OFM Essentials chair mat. This mat is transparent which is good when it comes to decorating your room. The mat will not clash with your décor. It also doesn’t stand out so you can use any color tone without fearing that it won’t fit.t
The mat has molded studs and cleats. These make the mat stay in place even if you move around. It also doesn’t damage or pierce the carpet. It uses thick, sturdy plastic that doesn’t crack or break. The plastic is durable which means you can get a lot of use from it without it breaking apart.
It is also anti-slip. You can roll your chair as much as you want thanks to the material. The mat is wear-resistant you won’t cause any damage from rolling your chair, and the anti-slip feature means you won’t skid when moving.
This chair mat also has an ergonomic design that reduces leg fatigue since you can roll a chair without tiring yourself out. It also has PVC construction for strength and a lightweight design that doesn’t crack or discolor. It also does not lose its shape.
- Has studs and cleats to make it stay in place
- Is transparent so it doesn’t clash with your décor
- Uses thick plastic that doesn’t crack
- Wear-resistant and anti-skid
- Ergonomic design that reduces leg fatigue
- Hard to flatten after shipping
- Doesn’t work well on carpet as it does on wood or tiled floors
2. Dimex 46” x 60” Clear Rectangle Office Chair Mat
This chair mat is clear and like the previous mat, it doesn’t ruin the theme of your office. It is wear-resistant and it creates a nice surface for rolling chairs without causing any damage. This chair mat works well on low-pile carpets preventing them from wear and tear.
It can protect a carpet that is as thick as ¼ inches or less. You need to make sure your carpet falls in this bracket before purchasing this mat for maximum protection. It has a rectangle design that works well with large executive chairs and still leaves space for the chairs to roll around without damaging the carpet.
It has studded grips that provide hold to the mat once in place. The studs help the mat stay in place without sliding or skidding off. It has high endurance due to its superior manufacturing ensuring that it doesn’t wear out easily.
The mat is stain resistant and can withstand extreme temperatures. It is also stain resistant which is a blessing if you are as clumsy as I am. This mat will not work on a carpet that is more than ¼ inches thick so please make sure you confirm first.
- Thick, durable material
- Wear-resistant and stain resistant
- Works on carpets ¼ inch thick or less
- Has grips that ensure it stays in place
- Rectangular design to accommodate large chairs
- The mat dents easily once you put the chair
This 36×48″ inch carpet has one advantage that makes it stand out more than the others; the shipping! Most companies roll the mats before shipping which makes it hard to unroll. This company ships the mat flat which saves you the hassle of unrolling it and also makes the mat retain its shape.
The mat is made of 100% polycarbonate. The polycarbonate material makes the mat very tough. The surface of the mat is more than 3mm thick. This size ensures that the mat doesn’t break or curl and the wheels of your chair won’t sink in it.
It has spikes at the bottom to ensure that it stays in place. Also unlike other mats, this chair mat can work in even high pile carpets. The studs provide adequate support that ensures it maintains its hold even on the thick carpets.
It has a lip at the front that provides extra protection to your carpet. The shape also makes it easy to slide it under a desk. It is also clear making it easy to see through to the carpet without ruining the overall design of the place.
- Ships flat to save the mat’s shape
- 100% polycarbonate material that doesn’t break
- Spikes at the bottom to ensure it stays in place
- Clear design for a seamless look
- Extended lip for extra protection
- It doesn’t stay in place
- Rough edges that might hurt you when using
4. Mushyn Office Chair Mat
The Mushyn chair mat is a relatively unknown one but I have to say, this is the right options you can buy. The mat has an ergonomic design that relieves you of fatigue. This is because of the triple foam design. It doesn’t leave any residue or discolor or stain the floor. It also won’t leave any marks on your carpet.
The top foam is made of durable PVC, the middle/core is made with NBR support foam while the bottom has anti-slip backing which secures the mat in place. These three foams are all in the mat providing you with the ultimate comfort.
The mat is odor-free and waterproof. It is also free from heavy metals and phthalate so not only is it super comfortable but it is also ecofriendly. The PVC material is durable and ensures that the mat doesn’t break or crack as time goes by.
It is easy to clean either by using a vacuum or a damp cloth. You can use it while sitting or standing without any exhaustion. The mat works well on low-pile carpets that are 1/6 inches thick or less. It is also suitable for hardwood floors. The mat has a wear-resistant surface that will not wear out from chair rolling.
- 3-in-1 foam design for the ultimate comfort
- Anti-slip design
- Odor-free and waterproof
- Works on carpets 1/6 inches thick or less
- Uses durable PVC that won’t crack or wear out
- The raised cushion makes it hard to roll a chair up to it
- Doesn’t work well with wheeled chairs
5. Lorell Tempered Glass Chair Mat
While some consider a glass mat a risky option, I am all here for it. Being on the heavier side, it gets hard to find a mat that won’t dent once I sit on a chair and using tempered glass is the way to go. The glass can support up to 1000lbs which means it will support your weight without any problems no matter how heavy you are.
The glass mat is also clear so it will fit easily with whatever carpet you use for a seamless look. The mat is scratch-resistant. No matter how many times you move your chair around, the mat will always stay smooth. The design also makes it easy to clean which in turn makes maintenance easy.
You can use the mat on any surface, yes even a carpet, without it slipping off all the time. The mat is 36” wide which gives you enough space to move a chair around without coming into contact with the surface. It also provides a smooth surface for rolling or moving a chair around.
- Works on any kind of surface
- Supports up to 1000lbs
- Scratch-resistant glass for longer use without wearing out
- Easy to clean and maintain
- Enough space for moving around
- The glass can break easily; especially when heavy objects fall on it
- Shifts over time on carpeted floors
6. Marvelux 48”x60” Heavy Duty Polycarbonate Office Chair Mat
This carpet is made from 100% polycarbonate and as we all know, it is the only way to go. This material is thick and provides the ultimate protection to your carpet; whether it is low, standard, or medium pile. This is the toughest material and due to that it is durable and protects your carpet from snags or tears.
And don’t worry if you see that your mat is thin, that doesn’t matter. The polycarbonate material means it is thicker and stronger than any other. The underside of the mat has studs that ensure that the mat stays in place. The studs are also of polycarbonate but they won’t rip your carpet.
Maintenance is key with this mat. If you take good care of it the mat will not discolor or curl up nor smell. The material also will not crack. The ergonomic design of the mat provides a smooth gliding surface that makes it easy to roll with. This design will remove the strain from your back and legs creating a comfortable work environment.
- A transparent material that blends in with any surface
- It is crack resistant
- Uses durable polycarbonate material for ultimate protection
- Has grips on the underside to make sure the mat sticks in place
- Ergonomic design to relieve stress from the back, legs, and knees.
- The mat glides on the carpets needing constant repositioning
- Not good for medium-pile carpets
- The size is smaller than advertised
7. Floortex Polycarbonate Chair Mat with Lip
Here is another mat to protect that carpet that you love so much. The Floortex mat works on low to medium pile carpets. The mats are affordable and they suit all budgets. They protect your carpet from damage caused by dragging the chairs.
The mat is smooth which makes moving around your workspace easier. The chair can just glide on the mat’s surface which in turn relieves pressure and stress from your legs and back allowing you to work without fatigue. The mat has an anti-slip coating that keeps the mat in place and doesn’t leave any marks on your floor or carpet.
They also have grippers on the bottom that helps keep then put. Since the mat works on only low to medium pile carpets, you should make sure you measure the thickness of your carpet. Doing this will ensure you don’t make a purchase that you will regret.
The mat is made from polycarbonate. This material is clear, strong, and it lasts long.it doesn’t crack or dent which means you can use it for a long time without ruining it. It also doesn’t discolor and is odorless and easy to clean. You can just wipe it with a damp cloth and you are done.
- Made from high-grade polycarbonate
- Is anti-slip to ensure the mat stays in place
- The surface is smooth and alleviates pressure and strain from your back and legs
- It doesn’t crack or curl
- Is recyclable which is good for the environment
- Doesn’t work with thick carpets
- Starts cracking after some time
8. Floortex Cleartex AdvantageMat PVC Chair Mat
We are back with another Floortex mat. This mat is clear to fit in effortlessly with your décor. It protects your carpet from rips or snags done by chair wheels. It has grippers at the base which ensures it stays in place even if you are moving around.
The mat is phthalate-free for safe use. It is durable and can withstand movement without wearing and tearing. This mat is easy to use and easy to clean. You can wipe it down with a clean, damp cloth. It comes in a wide range of shapes which gives you different choices for protecting different parts of the floor.
Thanks to the superior material that the mats are made out of, the mats are highly durable. They are flexible and give you protection for a long time. Some of the mats have a lip that extends forward to fit under the desk offering protection for that area too. And it also has a textured top that makes chair movements easy and relieves stress when you are working.
- Phthalate-free. Good for the environment and safe to use
- Effortless gliding is possible because of the smooth material
- Made from durable and long-lasting PVC material
- Has a wide range of sizes and designs
- Has grips that make sure it stays in place
- Shipping causes the mat to form ridges that are hard to smooth out
- Can slide
- Very thin material
9. Anji Mountain Deluxe Natural Fiber Wooden Slat Roll-Up Chair Mat
Now, this is something you don’t see every day; a wooden chair mat! I know I say all the time that clear mats fit in with your décor but I am happy to stand corrected with this mat. The wooden design of the mat for me fits anywhere you put it, it even livens up the place if I can be so bold to say.
This mat is highly durable thanks to the 8mm thickness. The thickness also provides great protection for your floor, whether hardwood or carpet. Speaking of carpets, this mate is great for Berber/Loop carpets. It works well with mats that are 3/8 inch thick or less.
It has felt backing which together with non-slip grip dots work together to keep the mat in place. It also has an eco-friendly premium coating. The coating is UV-cured. This ensures that the mat provides the ultimate support. It also has round edges that make it easy to roll on or off the mat, unlike the sharp-edge designs. To clean, you can dust it or wipe using a damp cloth.
- Attractive wooden, rustic design
- Strong fibers that do not warp
- More durable than other mats due to the high-quality material
- Has a felt backing and stud grippers to ensure it doesn’t slip
- Round edges for easy access
- Can slide on top of carpets needing constant repositioning
- Can crack after some use
10. Amazon Basics Polycarbonate Carpet Chair Floor Mat with Lip
Now, at last, we come to the end of the product reviews and we are closing it with the Amazon Basics carpet chair mat. This mat, as evident from the name, is made from polycarbonate which we know is one of the toughest materials around. It is highly durable and doesn’t curl up or crack easily even with everyday use.
The polycarbonate ensures that your floors or carpet has ultimate protection from wear and tear or any kind of damage from chairs. The mat lies flat on the floor once placed which makes it easy to roll the chair around. It is also impact resistant which means it can withstand the pressure put on it without forming any dents. It is phthalate-free and doesn’t contain any heavy metals making it perfect for home use.
The mat has an easy glide feature that makes it easy for you to move your chair around without damaging either the mat or the carpet. Its backside has grippers that lend stability, especially on a carpet. It also has a lip that extends under a desk if you have on to protect even that area.
- Made from superior and highly durable polycarbonate
- Has grips on the backside for stability
- Lies flat without any ridges for easy movement
- Has an extension lip that protects the area under the desk
- Doesn’t curl or crack easily
- Needs constant repositioning as it moves around
- It is thinner than you would expect
Things to Consider for Best Chair Mat for Carpet
Now that we know quality chair mats for carpets, we move on to the next part; the buying guide. This guide is going to help you see what you should look out for when buying a mat to make sure you get the correct one for you.
This is one of the most important things to look out for. Since the mat supports your weight together with the chair, you need to look for a strong material that can bear the weight. Materials like polycarbonate are the best because they don’t form any indentations no matter your weight.
Some of the other materials include; plastic, wood, rubber. Make sure the type of material you get won’t form dents when used.
You also need to take into consideration the size of your work area. This will help you narrow down the length and breadth of the mat you should get. You should also consider the size of the base of your chair. The correct size of a mat will mean that you can have a free movement without causing any damage to your floor.
Mats come in different shapes. These shapes can be rectangular, square, or circular. How much you move will determine the shape you should get. A rectangular mat is perfect if you move around a lot while a circular one works best if you don’t.
Type of Floor
What kind of floor do you have? This is one of the questions you should ask yourself because different mats have different types of grips. You can get a smooth mat if you have hardwood surfaces. Carpets come in different piles and it can be tricky getting the correct mat. Thick carpets require sturdier mats with grips that will ensure it doesn’t move around.
Where it is going to be placed
If you have your own office, getting a chair mat isn’t that hard. This is because you are the only one who is using that area, low traffic, so the mat won’t wear out easily. Areas that have heavy traffic are the more difficult ones as they will require thicker mats that can withstand the constant moving around.
It is now time for us to part ways. I hope this article will help you if you are looking for a way to preserve your floor from damage. Carpet mats are the best when it comes to this. They offer protection to your floors, especially if you move around while working. They can also complement your décor or even class it up. These mats are a must-have and I encourage you to get yourself one. It will change your life, and your carpet’s life too!