TETON Sports Scout 3400 Review – Hiking and Camping Backpack for You
As a beginner in the realm of backpacking sports, the sheer number of backpacks to choose from can feel kind of overwhelming. Newcomers to backpack camping may have no idea what they will want or need to pack for different jaunts with friends. After all their helpful tips about what to take, what to leave behind and why, you soon realize you will have to learn to switch between comfort zones. Not really knowing yet exactly what you will be doing, consider purchasing a medium size bag like the Teton Sports Scout 3400 55-liter internal frame camping backpack for light to moderate backpack camping and mountaineering activities.
TETON Sports Scout 3400 Review
- Lightweight polyester fabric, padding, and internal frame support system contribute only 4.4 pounds to overall pack weight.
- Quality stitching, hardware, and construction will keep it going for the long hauls from the Arizona desert to the Appalachian Trail.
- This medium size pack is just right for day-long hikes with full gear on board or for several days of camping and moderate hiking or sight-seeing.
- The integrated, bright, safety-yellow, water-resistant rainfly stays tucked out of sight until needed. It is big enough to cover the pack but not the gear attached, so a waterproof bag is a must.
- Flexible packing configurations allow for a variety of activities you are planning. Go with full gear for rugged mountaineering or mix it up for several days of hiking and camping. Being able to open the sleeping bag compartment into the main one lets you carry bulky or odd-shaped items for those hunting or fishing trips.
- The built-in sleeping bag and hydration pack compartments can serve other uses when needed.
- The zippered sleeping bag compartment on the bottom of the bag is big enough for a long sleeping bag. If you have a plush, bulky sleeping bag or one that does not compress well, you can open the compartment into the main storage pocket to put it inside, or attach it to the exterior. However, storing the sleeping bag inside is not likely to be a problem for campers who unpack their bags almost every night anyway to find what they want. Put it in a waterproof bag if you strap it to the exterior.
- The internal frame system does most of the work of appropriately distributing the weight of the pack across the body and onto the hips and legs.
- Fully adjustable shoulder straps and torso length fit a range of body types as much as 6 feet 4 inches. The torso length can be adjusted to 15-19.5 inches. It can easily accommodate growth spurts or fluctuations in waistlines. A-hem, not that yours truly needs the latter feature, of course.
- Adjustable chest strap stays in place. However, it is a good idea to bring a spare in case a camper you meet along the way needs it.
- Padded shoulder and waist straps keep them from digging into your skin.
- The lumbar straps have locking mechanisms, and the mesh support allows good air circulation to keep your back drier and cooler. Excessive sweat can lead to heat rashes and chaff, so staying drier is a need.
- A top carry-loop eases lifting the pack into a car or putting it on to carry.
- Hydration packs: Interior storage space has a built-in sleeve for up to a three-liter water bladder. Two exterior pockets each hold 16-32 ounce bottles.
- Gear loops hold the tent or ski poles and tools like an ice ax or shovel, walkies, shoes, a stove, lantern and more. Store small items like flint or matches in the top pocket.
- The sleeping bag compartment does not have much room for thick sleeping bags, and its opening is kind of small.
- It is not waterproof. The bag will get damp if left sitting on a wet surface.
- If removed, the internal frame can be difficult to slide back into place.
Features That Make The Teton Sports Scout 3400 Backpack Stand Out
- Lightweight materials contribute only 4.4 pounds to overall pack weight
- Removable, internal frame support for flexible configurations
- Padded straps and belts with mesh lumbar support for drier motion
- Adjustable straps accommodate a wide range of body types
- Double barrel-lock drawstrings keep contents from creeping out
- Attractive, professional-looking Hunter Green color
Video From TETON Sports
For our freshness, we need to go camping, hiking or traveling. That time we can’t think to go without the backpack. Different factors evaluate and research we finalize for us and you the Teton sports scout 2400 backpack. This unit can be your great alley.