Mountaintop 50L Hiking Backpack Review
The exciting Mountaintop New 2016 50L Hiking Backpack with Internal Frame and attached rain cover for outdoor hiking travel. This is one of the best new lightweight, midsize camping backpacks on the market. Pairing the finest SBS and YNS fasteners with tough polyester. That makes this one of the lightest ever in class backpacks for mountaineering activities and extended trips. Loaded with storage spaces and packed with built-in features, this airline-friendly bag may be the best addition yet to your camping backpack collection.
Table of Contents
Mountaintop 50L Hiking Backpack Review
- Durable, easy glide, top of the line YKK buckles and SBS zippers pull everything together for the best fit and additional places to hang small items.
- Six compression straps provide plenty of places to hang your hammock or sleeping bag, pad, and tent. Use the elastic bands to keep extra straps from dangling.
- Prolong the backpack’s service life and protect the water-resistant coating by avoiding detergents, bleach, and ironing. Instead, keep the smart, gray rip-stop nylon looking its best by cleaning with a damp cloth when necessary and airing dry.
Comfort and fit
- So much padding and mesh are everywhere on this beauty sometimes called a massaging backpack. No wonder, what with the comfortable combination of an internal frame support system with excellent airflow.
- The thick padding in the back panel and chest, waist and hip straps and belts. Thickly padded and wide shoulder straps with breathable mesh allow maximum airflow to keep you comfortable, cooler and drier without digging into your skin.
- The pack is a unisex design best fitted on small to medium frame body types between five feet four inches and six feet tall. The hip belt may be too big for a small frame under five feet four.
- Expand the main compartment capacity with the drawstring extension collar on the top.
- Unzip the front pocket all the way to the bottom with ample space for frequently used items.
- A hanging buckle conveniently holds sunglasses.
- Generously padded shoulder straps have dual D-rings to attach and hang frequently used items within easy reaches, like an external hydration pack, flashlight or radio.
- The zippered waist belt pocket with big, hanging loop keeps even more small items like lip balm, change, sunscreen or a towel within easy reach.
- High-elasticity mesh used in the external H2O outlet is rugged enough to hold bottles, umbrellas or kettles.
- Two lid pockets and two hip-belt pockets are only part of the many storage spaces on the amazing Mountaintop 50-liter camping backpack.
- Though it has a removable metal internal frame support, there is a flimsy back panel insert.
- There is no sleeping bag compartment, but it secured using the nylon webbing on the bottom.
- Water-resistant nylon will absorb ground moisture over the extended period or any spills from personal items carried.
Features Mountaintop 50L Hiking Backpack
The internal hydration pack sleeve has one access from the top of the left shoulder strap for the tube, and according to Mountaintop’s manufacturer, the sleeve could instead hold a Notebook or iPad. Two external mesh bottle pouches could hold water, or hang a hydration bladder from one of the hooks in the top of the main compartment.
Hikers will be hooked by the multiple styles and locations of hook storage, like the ones in the main compartment for hanging keys or a water bladder. D-hooks on both sides of the shoulder straps link your small items close by. There is a trekking pole attachment point and bottom loops for hiking poles, ice axes or paddles.
The desirable 3M reflective band for enhances visibility in low-visibility conditions and a YNS customized buckle with the built-in emergency whistle on the sternum strap combines survival function with comfort. A high visibility rain fly snugly covers the entire pack, but you will need a large enough waterproof bag to cover it if you have lots of gear attached.
|Dimensions||19.7 inches X 10.6 inches X 9.1 inches, or 50 x 27 x 23 centimeters|
|Torso length||About 19-20 inches long|
|Capacity||50 Liters / 3,051 Cubic inches|
|Weight||2.9 pack pounds|
High quality, lightest weight materials, and construction perfectly complement this feature-rich, airplane-friendly hiking backpack. One of the best features is its travel-friendly shape and capacity. You can carry this bag on board most airlines. It stows nicely in most aircraft overhead bins but is a bit long to fit under seats, and gate-checking if possible may help avoid getting any of its many external straps caught and ripped. Pack it for a rugged, three-day mountaineering excursion, or send it with your teen to another continent on a ten-day hiking trip. Where ever you are going on your next hiking adventure, your gear and body will thank you for packing the new, Mountaintop 2016 50 Liter best camping backpack to bring along.