Welcome, all fish lovers. You are here because you love fishing and you want to find the best way to do that. To catch a lot of fish, you need a lot of bait. You can lay the best trap possible but it is going to be useless without good bait. We have listed some of the Best Crawfish Bait you can buy this year.
Crawfish or crayfish are small lobster-like creatures that closely resemble prawns. This bait is the one that closely resembles them, used to catch big fish like bass. And this is what this review is for. It is going to help you find the best crawfish bait. Without much ado, let’s get to it.
Table of Contents
- Best Crawfish Bait Reviews
- 1. Strike King Rage Tail Craw
- 2. Strike King Rage Tall Bug Lure
- 3. Yum Crawbug
- 4. Tackle HD Hi-Def Craw Bait
- 5. Rebel Lures Wee-Crawfish Fishing Lure
- 6. Lixada Soft Fishing Lure Crawfish Bait
- 7. Chasebaits The Mudbug Ultra Realistic Crawdad Lure
- 8. Zoom UltraVibe Speed Craw-Pack of 12
- 9. TRUSCEND Fishing Lures
- Things to Consider – Best Crawfish Bait
Best Crawfish Bait Reviews
To help you find the right crawfish bait, read our reviews and guide carefully. We have covered baits made of quality materials and other great features. Compare them to find out which suits your needs.
1. Strike King Rage Tail Craw
Starting us off is the Strike King bait. It is the most action-packed design available. The claws flap back and forth with a small movement of the rod’s tip to create action in the water. You can rig the Rage Craw to different hook styles and sizes depending on what you want.
The Rage Craw is versatile; you can use it as a jig trailer for big bass. The claws give the jog a new action. You can also use it in windy or deep conditions. It allows the bait to swim freely at any depth and is attractive to fish.
- Versatile in use.
- Can use with different hook styles and sizes
- Good for both Texas and Carolina rigging
- It has a slender body that creates turbulence
- Creates good action and vibration in the water
- Weak craw hands
2. Strike King Rage Tall Bug Lure
Strike King comes to you with another crawfish bait. The Rage Bug is for use behind a Jointed Structure Heat. It is 4 inches thick and it also good for Carolina rig bait and flipping. It has a unique tail design.
The Rage Bug is made from high-grade plastic and gives superior action. It also has a nice coffee scent. The Bug has an exclusive tail design that works better than other soft baits. They each come in their clamshell packages for them to hold their shape until its time for them to choose.
- Made from high-quality plastic
- Has a jointed structure head
- The exclusive and unique tail design
- Comes in its clamshell package to hold shape
- Has a new coffee scent
- Have a weak scent
- Limbs can come off easily
3. Yum Crawbug
This is one of the best baits that closely resemble crawfish. The bait has a hollow body with a soft body that imitates the movement of a fleeing crawfish. It has three-dimensional features that are exclusive to this design, you can’t find it anywhere else.
You can use this bait for a variety of applications, like flipping, rigging, or jigging it. It comes in two sizes, small and large. For the small ones to work you might need to add weights to them. They closely resemble actual crawdads and will fool fish easily.
- Has a soft body that resembles a real crayfish
- Has a three-dimension feature
- Easy to use for different applications
- In two different sizes
- Have an effective attractant.
- They can rip easily
- If can get torn up easily
4. Tackle HD Hi-Def Craw Bait
This crawfish bait will blow you away. It looks so realistic and might even fool you. This bait designed from a 3D scan of actual crawfish to get a high detail appearance. It is a good alternative to live bait. It comes in two sizes 3 inches and 3.75 inches.
The bait is not only realistic looking but it moves like the actual fish to tempt the fish. You can use the bait for a long time without it losing its color. This saves you a lot of money since you won’t have to replace the bait all the time.
- 3D realistic looking design
- The bait moves like actual live bait
- Comes in two different sizes; 3 and 3.75 inches
- Made from durable soft plastic
- Can go for days without losing color.
- Has no salt or scent
- Can get ripped off easily
5. Rebel Lures Wee-Crawfish Fishing Lure
Rebel Lures is well known for producing high-quality bait and their crawfish bait is no different. Their bait has a diving depth of 5-7 feet so it can catch fish that are not on the surface of the water. The bait is good for any and kinds of freshwater gamefish.
It has a life-like appearance that attracts and catches all fish sizes. It has a distinctive pulsating action that causes vibrations that are irresistible to other fish. They are effective in streams and rivers. It also helps that it looks like actual crawfish.
- It has a very lifelike appearance
- Has a diving depth of 5-7 feet
- Can catch bass, trout, and panfish
- Has a pulsating action that causes irresistible movements
- Works great in the morning hours.
- Catches too many small fish
- Might need weights for it to sink
6. Lixada Soft Fishing Lure Crawfish Bait
one of the most important things when getting a crawfish bait is getting one that resembles a live crawfish closely and this bait has exactly that.it has a holographic texture that combined with its crawfish-like shape attracts predators towards it easily. It is made from a high-quality PVC material that is durable, soft, and can last for a long time.
The bait has a super realistic design on the legs, bodies, and claws that gives it a squirming action that makes the predators strike frequently. You can use the bait anywhere whether it from a rock, reef, or sea. It is also great for use as a trailer or in a Texas rig.
- Holographic texture and crawfish like shape to attract predators
- Made from high-quality PVC material
- Is durable and soft
- Can use anywhere from a rock to a lake
- Also able to use in a texas rig and as a trailer jig.
- They melt in hot temperatures
- Can be too small.
7. Chasebaits The Mudbug Ultra Realistic Crawdad Lure
The best way to get a lifelike lure is to model your product after the real deal and that is what the Chasebaits Crawdad Lure has done. The Mudbug is modeled after a scan of a real crawfish giving it an appearance that can fool the wisest of fish. It has an ultra-sharp custom hook, That is designed to hook fish easily.
The lure has floating claws that mimic those of a crawfish in defense mode that will get a couple of bites from fish. It also has a thumping tail that mimics the movement of a fleeing fish. The lure is made from TPE Ultra-Tough material that makes it soft and stretchy but still damage resistant.
- Vibrating and realistic looking leg action
- Made from strong but soft TPE material
- Has an extra sharp hook that pins fish with ease
- Looks like a real crawfish
- Soft and stretchy.
- The hook might not be able to catch big fish
8. Zoom UltraVibe Speed Craw-Pack of 12
Yes, you read that correctly. This pack has 12 lures in it. They are all extremely lifelike and can attract fish in any region. They come in different colors so you can experiment and see which one catches more fish. The UltraVibe craw pack gives you a wide range to choose from. It is 3.5 inches thick, almost the size of a real crawfish.
The lure has claws and appendages that provide action that enables you to hook fish easily. Speaking of hooking fish, the bait is salt impregnated. The salt makes the fish hang on for more time that gives you more hooking opportunities. It can use in a variety of ways, like pitching, flipping, or as a trailer.
- Looks like a real crawfish
- Comes in a pack of 12
- Has claws and appendages for hooking
- Salt impregnated bait
- Versatile in use.
9. TRUSCEND Fishing Lures
The last crawfish bait in our review is the TRUSCEND lure. The lure comes in 4-inch size and is made using degradable plastic material. The material is soft but it can take a few bites without getting ruined. Their real-life shape makes it a favorite for small crustaceans and big fish. It can also be used for fishing in different areas and can be easily rigged with a hook or a jig head.
The lure has a unique claw design that combined with feelers attracts game fish from all parts. It is enriched with a salt concentration and a fish-attracting scent. The legs create vibrations and flutters that appeal to hungry fish.
- Lifelike claw design for enticing fish
- Made from tough but soft degradable plastic
- Enhanced with a salt concentration to attract fish
- The legs create vibrations and clutter to attract fish
- Can be used with both a jig head and a worm hook
- The lure doesn’t dive easily
Also Read: Best Carolina Rig Rod
Things to Consider – Best Crawfish Bait
Before buying a lure, you need to make sure you have all the information needed to get the best lure. This is why we have compiled a short buying guide that will pinpoint what you should look for when shopping to get the perfect lure for you.
1. Types of Lure
There are many different types of crawfish lures and the biggest decision is which one you should choose. The types of lures include;
Soft plastic crawfish
These are the most common lures available. They are designed to look like actual crawfish and come in different colors that imitate the different crawfish types. They are also designed to mimic the real crawfish movement and have claws that move like them that cause vibrations to attract fish.
this kind of trap is good when it comes to fooling the predator to think they are real crawfish. They have silicone skirts that move underwater and most of them even have rattles that cause vibration. Those units can use in rocks and ledges. You can also use them around vegetation easily.
This is also another type of lure that mimics the action and noise of a crawfish. They can use for fishing in deep areas or over rocks. Crankbaits can also dive giving you an advantage in areas with specific depths.
Once you figure out the best type of crawfish bait to get, the next thing to look out for is the amount of money. You want to buy a lure that is affordable but is made of good quality. This will make sure you don’t spend a lot of money to buy the lures but will get a high-quality product.
Some of the lures can be ruined during transport while others might be damaged by manufacturers. Either way, you need to make sure that the lure you get has a warranty or return policy that will enable you to get a refund or replacement if you get a bad batch.
FAQS for Best Crawfish Bait
A; some crawfish lures can be used in rocky areas. You should check with the manufacturer or salesperson to make sure you get the correct kind of lure that won’t get damaged easily.
A; lures come in different colors. This is because they need to resemble different types of crawfish. The color you get should resemble the type of crawfish that are found in your area. This will help in fooling the fish into thinking they are actual crawfish. Some of the most common colors are red, orange, or green.
A; depending on the area you are fishing in, crawfish lures can catch any type of game fish. These can include bass, trout, or other types of fish. Any type of fish that eats crawfish will be trapped by these lures.
Well, we have now reached the end of our journey. We have seen some of the best crawfish bait available in the market. These lures closely resemble the appearance, movement, and shape of real crawfish to make sure you catch as much fish as possible. We have also included a buying guide to help you make sure you get the best deal for yourself.
If you are planning a big fishing trip, you should consider buying these baits if you want to come back with a lot of fish. Make sure to check and make sure that the bait you get will fit well with the area you are going to fish in. this will make things easier to trick and fool the predators resulting in a lot of prizes for you. So go ahead and get yourself these crawfish baits and go enjoy yourself.